Sunday, October 07, 2018

Cd. Ouellet says Pope Francis had No "Interest" in Zero Tolerance for Predator McCarrick

Pope Francis collaborator Cardinal Marc Ouellet in an open letter admitted that ex-Cardinal Theodore McCarrick was under punitive restrictions before Francis took office and that the present pope took no "interest" in zero tolerance for McCarrick even after he was informed of credible sex abuse allegations against the then cardinal by Archbishop Carlo Maria Viganò"

On October 7, The Wall Street Journal reported that senior Vatican official Cardinal Ouellet, head of the Vatican's office of bishop, admitted that ex-Cardinal McCarrick was under punitive restrictions before Francis took office:

Cardinal Ouellet "called the 'monstrous accusation' that Pope Francis ignored reports of sexual misconduct by a key cardinal, but confirmed a key point of the accusation: that the cardinal had been under punitive restrictions when the pope took office in 2013."

"... Ouellet acknowledged that Cardinal McCarrick had been 'forcefully exhorted not to travel and not to appear in public'... on account of 'rumors'... [that] didn't amount to formal 'sanctions' decreed by Pope Benedict XVI and annulled by Pope Francis."
(The Wall Street Journal, "Vatican Denounces Accusation Against Pope but Confirms Key Point," October 7, 2018)

Apparently, the senior Vatican official Ouellet is not only admitting that McCarrick was under punitive restrictions, but that Francis removed what he would call informal punitive restrictions on a serial sexual abuser and predator.

The senior Vatican official, also, admitted in his opinion that Francis wasn't "interested" that a senior Cardinal was a serial sexual abuser and predator. The pope, apparently, was so little "interested" in zero tolerance of clerical and bishop sexual abusers that he removed the informal punitive restrictions from the predator. The Wall Street article revealed:

"Archbishop Viganò has alleged that he informed Pope Francis about the U. S. cardinal's situation in June 2013... Ouellet didn't contradict the allegation, but replied: 'I strongly doubt that McCarrick interested [the pope]... he was an 82-year-old retired archbishop."

Finally, Ouellet is, apparently, incompetent or lied when he said "His [McCarrick's] case would have been the subject of new disciplinary measures if the nunciature in Washington, or any other source, had provided us with recent and decisive information about his behavior."
(National Catholic Register, "Cardinal Ouellet writes Open Letter to Archbishop Viganò," October 7, 2018)

"Decisive information" about McCarrick being a serial sex-abuser and predator was received by the Vatican from whistleblower Fr. Boniface Ramsay in 2000 according to the Associated Press as posted in the UK Daily Mail:

"A 2006 letter from Cardinal Leonardo Sandi, a top Vatican official confirms that the Holy See received information in 2000 about the sexual misconduct of Cardinal Theodore McCarrick."
(Daily Mail, "Letter confirms Vatican KNEW about sex abuse claims against Cardinal McCarrick's in 2000, September 7, 2018)

If Ouellet is not incompetent or lying he must explain why he didn't know about the Ramsey letter received by Cardinal Sandi.

Pray an Our Father now for the restoration of the Church.


No comments: